Report & Comparisons
View data and analytics for a specific MSA by utilizing the MSA Report.
MSA(CBSA) Reports can be viewed from the Dashboard by doing either of the following:
- Hover over the MSA in the results column, and click the Report button
- Click the MSA on the Heat Map, and select MSA Report from the pop-up window
Zip Code Report
In addition to MSA Reports, Zip Code Reports can be viewed once an MSA has already been selected. From the Submarket Heat Map, you can view the Zip Code Report by doing either of the following:
- Hover over the Zip Code in the results column, and click the Report button
- Click the Zip Code on the Heat Map, and select Zip Code Report from the pop-up window
For more information on MSA/Zip Reports, please see our support article here
Rental report data is available when viewing a specific submarket.
From the Submarket Heat Map, click the Zip Code to select it, and select Rental Report from the pop-up window.
For more information on Rental Reports, please see our support article here
In addition to viewing an MSA and Sub-market, HouseCanary Pro also allows you to view and compare up to 7 sub-markets at once.
To view and compare multiple Zip Codes, click the Select Multiple checkbox . Select the submarkets you wish to compare by doing either of the following:
- Click the individual Submarkets on the heat map, when all locations have been selected, click Compare Markets
- Toggle the Selection Tool in the Select Multiple pop-up window. Once the selection tool is toggled, click one of the submarkets you need to select, then release your mouse button. Each time you do this, an anchor point is added to the shape. As you move the selection tool away from the point, you'll see a thin straight line extending out from your mouse cursor, with the other end of the line attached to your first anchor point. Click again to add a second point, then release your mouse button. The line will become "fastened" to the new point, with both points now joined together by the straight line.
Continue moving around the area, adding anchors to draw a perimeter around the submarkets you wish to select. Once you've made your way around the area, complete the selection by clicking on the initial point you added. A selection outline will be created.
Remove individual markets by clicking the x icon . Clear all selections by clicking the clear button in the Select Multiple pop-up menu.
You can also remove and add additional Zip Codes to the Comparison report once it’s been loaded. To remove a Zip Code, click the x on it’s column. To add a Zip Code, click add market in the tool bar. In the pop-up window, click the zip code box and begin typing the Zip Code you would like to add, or select it from the scrolling list.
Once you’ve selected the Zip Code, hit enter or click add .
For more information on Comparison Reports, please see our support article here