Data Importer allows you to import information for any MLS we do not currently support, and prefill all of the data for Comp grid, property details, 1004MC and One-unit Housing Trends.
Exporting data from your MLS to use in HouseCanary
Important! To export data from your MLS for HouseCanary there are a few steps strongly suggested:
- Step 1: Perform a property search to generate the list of properties you'd like to use.
- Step 2: Find the download / export option (usually found in the settings menu)
- Note: Download / Export option may vary based on MLS - Please refer to individual MLS help section for exact details.
- Step 3: Create a new export. Most MLS systems have this feature, you may have a button or link that will performs this action.
- Step 4: When prompted to choose an export format, select CSV.
- Note: If your MLS provides you with the option to include column names, select this as well.
Please reference the list below when choosing which column headers to include in your export:
- (1-21) "In Bold" - Strongly Suggested
- (22-45) - Recommended
- Full Street Address (Street number, Street direction, Street name)
- Unit Number
- Floor Location (for condos)
- Sold Price
- Sold Date
- List Price
- List Date
- Contract Price
- Contract Date
- Sale Type
- Year Built
- HOA $
- GLA (sqft)
- Lot Size
- Full Bathrooms
- Partial Bathrooms
- Listing #
- Property Type - if available
- Basement (sqft) - if available
- Geo Lat - if available
- Geo Lon - if available
- Ownership - if available
- Financing - if available
- Total Sales or Financing $ - if available
- Stories - if available
- Garage Spaces - if available
- Carport Spaces - if available
- Driveway Spaces - if available
- Pool (yes/no) - if available
- Pool Description (eg, inground) - if available
- Porch - if available
- Porch Description - if available
- Patio - if available
- Patio Description - if available
- Deck - if available
- Deck Description - if available
- Common Elements - if available
- Rec. Facilities - if available
- Energy Efficient Items - if available
- Property Description / Realtor Comments - if available
- Photo URLs (this allows you to view MLS photos in HouseCanary) - if available
If you're unable to include the fields suggested above, contact your MLS provider. For the best results, try to include at least 50 properties or up to a few months of data.
Article is closed for comments.