The sliders allow an appraiser to change the adjustment to better fit the neighborhood data. The represent +/- 2 standard deviations of the estimate. These are the limits on what the regression model suggests. The red areas of the slider represent +/- 1.5 standard deviations. It is suggested that an appraiser exercises caution when using the red areas of adjustments.
Articles in this section
- FAQ Regression - What does R squared signify?
- FAQ Regression - How can bedrooms be considered an insignificant attribute?
- FAQ Regression - What is collinearity? Why is it important?
- FAQ Regression - Do appraisers have to use the regression results?
- FAQ Regression - Can I make an adjustment even when an attribute is not considered significant?
- FAQ Regression - What’s the value of analyzing 2000 properties? Don't we just need three?
- FAQ Regression - What does significant mean?
- FAQ Regression - When should I make adjustments to attributes other than the ones HouseCanary analyzed?
- FAQ Regression - What do the sliders mean?